America's Got Talent... Or Not. | Tracie Everyday: America's Got Talent... Or Not.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

America's Got Talent... Or Not.

Have you ever been that person who watches others with all there talents and being all glorious, all the while thinking, "daaammmmnnn. I wish I could ride a unicycle while playing the bugle and having perfect hair." We all know what I am talking about. Or maybe not. Maybe I am the only person who feels like everyone has a true talent but them. When I was in school, I did theater, cheered, and was involved in student government but I wasn't GREAT at any of them. I am solidly mediocre at everything. I like to attempt to craft (sew, knit/crochet, hot glue things), but I don't do anything mind blowing and I get the ideas from others. I don't sing, I white girl dance, and I am a bad drunk. Like, I'm not even great at being drunk. Who admits that? This girl. I am the girl that is awesomely not awesome. Generally, I am ok with this. Like I know I am good at stuff, but I really want to have a super cool talent of some kind.

 If there was one talent I wish I had, it is being artistic. I want to be that person who can look at a room and think creatively about how to make it look like a magazine picture. I want to be able to draw a straight line (which I can't even do with a ruler). I want to be able to sew more than just barely, even though I took a class on it. I want to be able to knit more than just a rectangle scarf. I know I am asking a lot, but if I could have one talent this would be it. Being creative or artsy would also help me to have better make up, but that is just an added bonus that appeals to my shallow nature.



What is one of your talents? Or hidden talents? I would love to know!

2 comments:

  1. if you call finding ways to stick it to the man as a talent, then yes, i have that!

    and also being super cheap which allows me to find free ways of doing stuff which in turn, sticks it to the man.

    kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am pretty talentless myself. I am jealous of people who can sing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're here. Leave me a message so that we can be excited together!