Walk-N-Roll to Cure SMA | Tracie Everyday: Walk-N-Roll to Cure SMA

Friday, September 26, 2014

Walk-N-Roll to Cure SMA

So, I  wondered whether to post this or not, but I figured it was worth a shot. I signed up for the second year to participate in the the local Walk-N-Roll to Cure SMA 5k. Last year, I walked with a few friends. This year, my goal is to jog/run it with a friend and raise money for our team.


Some questions you might have....

What is SMA? SMA stands for Spinal Muscular Atrophy. It robs people of physical strength by affecting the motor nerve cells in the spinal cord, taking away their ability to walk, eat, or breath. It is the NUMBER ONE cause of genetic death for infants. You guys, this is scary shit.

What is Walk-N-Roll? The Walk-N-Roll is one of many events across the country that provide funding for critical research and important family support services such as sending care packages to newly diagnosed SMA families.

Why this 5k for me? Because I know someone that has been personally affected by it.  I am doing this with a person I consider to be a brave, inspiring individual that I admire greatly. I don't want to share too much of her personal info, but she has lived through SMA and I want to support her in any way that I can and this is one easy way to show my support.

Why I wondered whether to post this? Because I am asking people I know to donate to Cure SMA and my team and didn't want to seem like I was a mooch. Then, I realized even if people thought that, to was worth it to raise awareness (and potentially cash money!) So, to donate visit my donation site. I would love it and be incredibly proud and touched.

All information provided above about SMA and Walk-N-Roll was taken from Cure SMA.

Do you guys have any tips on fundraising? Have you done something like this before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm excited you're here. Leave me a message so that we can be excited together!