Mondays are For... | Tracie Everyday: Mondays are For...

Monday, October 6, 2014

Mondays are For...

Catching up! I always feel like I spend Monday catching up on what everyone did this past weekend and catching up on shit I didn't get done the previous week. So, in the spirit of catching up, here is what I have been up to... this past week since I didn't blog :)




I decorated for Halloween, my fave of fave holidays! I love to see the kids all dressed up and the creativity that goes into costumes. Last year, we had an older boy, probably 12 who came wearing a wrapped box and the tag said "God's gift to women". I LOVED IT! The easiest and most creative costume I had ever seen!





I also made the dogs try on Halloween costumes... Tigger, he totally doesn't mind. Ginger? 100% stank face. She doesn't have time for my bullshit and lets it be known. Fun hater. 


I decided that since most festivals and fairs are free and there are a TON of them within driving distance, that would be "our" new hobby. I LOVE to go to them and G is learning to like them, so it's a win-win. We went to Cider Fest in Louisburg, KS. There was live music, craft booths, and a pumpkin patch. We got fresh cider, apple cider donuts, I got a carmel apple, and G got local root beer. YUM!


Monday night football. Need I say more? Last Monday, we tailgated from 2pm-forever. It was pretty glorious. AND the Chiefs whooped ass, which made it even better! I have to say, even though it was a 10 hour event, I made sure to keep my sunscreen on and behave like a responsible adult. Well, as responsible as you can be at a Chiefs game.

Our siding is FINALLY going up!!! YAY! There were layers of shake shingle underneath the siding and they found rot in some places due to the improper care of the house, so we got all that fixed. Our house is going to be totally legit once this is all said and done. Notice the photo bombers in the door?

Enrique and Pitbull happened. Or should I say Mr. Worldwide? Bahahah I love that Pitbull performs with a big screen of all the singers playing behind him, it just makes me laugh and I can't help that! I looked super cute, but took 0 pictures. Bad blogger. 


AND
 THIS HAPPENED!!!



 The Royals swept the ALDS!!! We all know I heart me some Royals, so I have stayed up watching every extra inning and screaming at the tv. Not only did they win, they rocked the face off the Angels. They played some of the best baseball I've seen in a really, really long time!

Go Royals!

How are you rooting for?












6 comments:

  1. LOL at the expression on your dog's face! she's all WTF HUMAN?! hahahaha too cute.

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. go Royals! we went to ciderfest too, but the line was too long to wait for my fave cider slushies. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived in a place where kids would trick or treat. My building isn't conducive to that but I do love seeing the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE decorating for Halloween and the holidays!! Your decorations are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously if I had a dog......that thing would hide from me the minute October arrives.....dog costumes are seriously the cutest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for the Royals! and I haven't been able to get that Lorde song stuck out of my head ;)

    xo,
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're here. Leave me a message so that we can be excited together!