Wal-Mart Beauty Box Review | Tracie Everyday: Wal-Mart Beauty Box Review

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Wal-Mart Beauty Box Review

If you weren't aware, Wal-Mart also does a beauty box subscription. Their boxes ship seasonally, meaning 4 per year, and only cost $5! They are filled with a variety of coupons, sample packets, travel size samples, and full size products. This to me is worth the $5 price tag. You can go here to get your own.

I signed up the end of February, so I was sent the Winter box and then the Spring box all within a few weeks of each other. I love that you don't get charged until you get an email with the shipping confirmation, meaning you don't pay until the box is coming to you.

My Wal-Mart Winter Beauty Box arrived and I was pleasantly surprised to find the following:


  • Hard Candy Lip Stain Crayon  (full size) goes on hot pink with flecks of glitter, but tones down quickly. I layered with a more muted pink lip gloss and it lasted about 2 hours. 
  • Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo (travel size) is something I like, but leaves my hair chalky. I am saving for a trip. 
  • Dove Advanced Series Dry Oil for hair (travel size) I probably won't use this, as my hair is thin and fine, so adding oil (dry or not) doesn't do well for me. 
  • St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub (travel size) is something I like and use on my body. The salicylic acid helps me to keep my chicken skin at bay during the summer. 
  • Dial 7 Day Moisture Lotion with Yogurt Protein (travel size) this is going in my purse, as I love travel size lotions! 
The rest of the box was all sample packets and coupons, so I am not going to write about those. But, as you can see there were a bunch! 



My Wal-Mart Spring Beauty Box arrived a few weeks later. It didn't contain any full size products, but it had just enough for me to not feel slighted. I was still getting the same amount as I do in my ipsy bag, which I pay $10/month for. 


  • Dove Go Fresh Mandarin and Tiare Flower Scent (travel size) I have this in the full size and LOVE it, so I am planning to take this travel size with me on vacation this summer. 
  • Simple Cleansing Face Wipes (travel size) I love face wipes and use them every, single day. I am planning to take these in my beach bag on vacation. I use them on my armpits as needed when on the beach, so this was the perfect beach bag size. 
  • Lady Gaga Fame Perfume (sample size) is a womp, womp for me. I am, admittedly, not too fond of perfumes. I am sticking this somewhere far, far away. 
  • Shwarzkopf Essence ULTIME Shampoo/Conditioner (travel size) I am curious to try these, as I have seen them on the shelves and wondered. I am debating taking them with me to Mexico this summer or trying them beforehand. Has anyone tried this brand before? What are your thoughts?
Again, there were sample packets and coupons as well. I know I will use all the coupons, as they are for makeup brands I use. Overall, I think the Wal-Mart Beauty Box is worth the $5 price tag. 

Have you gotten the Wal-Mart Beauty Box? What are your thoughts? 





2 comments:

  1. what?! i had no idea - this is fabulous. and for $5? what a bargain! i love that apricot scrub, didn't know it came in travel size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this box, so cool! I like that it has samples of things that are easily affordable if you decide you like it. And $5 is a fair price to have a little fun in the mail a few times a year for sure! I did a subscription box post today too lol. Great minds. Great minds.

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're here. Leave me a message so that we can be excited together!