Yummy Dessert Recipe | Tracie Everyday: Yummy Dessert Recipe

Friday, July 5, 2013

Yummy Dessert Recipe

I don't know about you, but I like to eat my way through holidays. It can be Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day.... Or the Fourth of July and I will eat the entire day. So, I thought I'd share my recipe for a wonderful, pseudo-healthy Lemon Berry Trifle. It is so yum!


Lemon Berry Trifle
16oz angel food cake 
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 small (6-8oz) yogurt (vanilla or lemon)
1/2-1 cup lemon curd 
2 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries)
Cut angel food cake in to 1-2 inch cubes. Place a third in the bottom of a trifle dish.
Combine thawed whipped topping with yogurt and lemon curd. Mix well until the lemon curd is completely incorporated into the yogurt mixture. Spread a third of the recipe evenly over the angel food cake.
Layer some berries around the side of the triflel dish, so that people can see them. 
Continue to layer angel food pieces, whipped topping mixture, and berries. 
On the top layer, make sure it looks pretty! You can add some lemon zest so that people know it's a lemon berry trifle. 
Proceed to eat!

*** I make mine with a boxed angel food cake mix, fat free whipped topping, and a 100 calorie lemon greek yogurt***
**recipe adapted from Around My Family Table



Don't worry I put it in the dishwasher after 






I took my beautiful Lemon Berry Trifle over to my uncle's house for his pre-Fourth of July BBQ. The fireworks in his city go off on the 3rd, so he has people over to eat, drink, and be merry then. It is always a lot of fun. And food. It makes you feel slightly guilty the next day, but only slightly. 

Let me know if you try the trifle and how you like it! It's one of my favorite go to recipes that can be made quickly and easily (especially if you use store bought cake). 
The Pops and I 


1 comment:

  1. Can't imagine a good day without lot of food. I'll let you know if I ever try this one!

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're here. Leave me a message so that we can be excited together!