May Goals Recap | Tracie Everyday: May Goals Recap

Thursday, June 4, 2015

May Goals Recap

Since May is now officially over, I thought I'd let you all in on how I did with my goals.... At first glance, I thought I did pretty shitty. Then, I realized I didn't do too terrible! Woot, woot! 

So, did I make May count?

Take another class at the gym weekly- I have been taking yoga 2x and Pilates 1x per week, so I would like to go outside my comfort zone and add the Monday night Barbell Strength class to this as well. If I understand correctly, it is extremely similar to Body Pump. F- I didn't do this. At all. I added nothing new in weekly and was a little ambitious in thinking I could for the last few weeks of work. 

Drink more water- I have been slacking on this one lately, so I want to make it a priority again. I will just not drink anything all day, then go home and drink a little bit of water. Not cutting it, Tracie. B+ I did really well with this because I bought a new $5 reusable cup. I'll be honest, bribing myself works. 

Clean out guest room- I took out my warm weather shoes from storage and just plopped them into the guest room. I need to switch out the shoes, clean out the closet (nope, still haven't done it), and take the donate pile of stuff to the thrift store. I have to wonder why I always have something guest room related on my goals... B+ I did all but clean out the closet. Fuck that closet. I am so over it. And by that, I mean you will see that on my July to do list as well. 

Set aside $100- We leave for Mexico June 14th and will be gone 9 days, then July 19th is my 1 year anniversary, and I also have to renew my social work license in June/July. so I have been planning for all that. I want to make sure I have enough cash on hand to shop, leave tips, and go on outings in Mexico. I get paid on the 20th of each month, so technically I will get paid while we are there, but I still want to make sure I have more than enough prior to leaving. I have been setting money aside for  these big events the past few months... which has greatly affected by shopping habits. A+ I actually set aside $250 from this months check. Once I realized I didn't need gas money, grocery money, etc. for that week it made it a lot easier. Especially since I realized that I needed to also add in the kennel costs for the boxers. 

I think that I did pretty good overall for the month of May. Was I awesome? Nope, but I can handle that. I didn't slack on what I had going on workout wise, even though I didn't add anything. The first week of summer (the week of Memorial Day) and I did slack off on eating healthy but I'm not beating myself up about that. 

Did you make May count? Share something awesome you accomplished!

4 comments:

  1. You did really good. My office is like that too, it seems to always be on the list to clean/organize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did well!!! Don't you just love how you can do something if you buy something for yourself to do it with??? I do that too hahahah! And the kennel costs. UGHHHH!!!! Going on vacation is expensive enough, then you have to top it off with boarding for the dogs too. Mine always need their shots around the same time too so its like triple expense. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you did very well! the only goal i set in may was to lose some body fat and after 2.5weeks, i lost 1% of the 4-5% goal that i set out. i will be interested to know what i'm at now (last time i measured was 2wks ago).

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you did awesome! bribing myself totally works. i really wish my gym offered barbell type classes like body pump, but then i probably wouldn't go either lol. and seriously, i have a 'guest room' (no guest bed but whatever) and seriously fuck that closet every damn time i try and clean it out.

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're here. Leave me a message so that we can be excited together!