Sunburn Essentials | Tracie Everyday: Sunburn Essentials

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sunburn Essentials





























This is the thing nobody every talks about... and I know that I am not the only one who dreams of having that luscious tan looking skin when they are sitting out in the sun, but the reality is I am pale, have freckles and burn easily. So, in the spirit of celebrating the lack of tan I am getting while setting on the beach, I thought I would share some sunburn tips and tricks I have come across in my day.

Even though you have these awesome tips and tricks, don't forget use SPF and reapply at least every 2 hours!

Some basic tips for when you are red:
  • Use a cold compress- this can be a cool washcloth that is wet with either water or witch hazel. 
  • Avoid soap- this can dry out and irritate your already irritated skin. 
  • Moisturize! I like to keep coco butter lotion in the fridge, but the BEST relief is refrigerated ALOE WITH LIDOCAINE. 
  • Moisturize! From the inside out this time, drink lots of water. 
  • Use oatmeal- Aveeno sells oatmeal bath packets that are wonderfully soothing to your sore skin. Soak in a cool tub. You can also make a cool oatmeal paste and slather that on and remove it after a bit. 
  • Use vinegar- use either apple cider vinegar or white vinegar on a washcloth and cool in the fridge then lay on your burn. 
  • Use cucumber- slice that sucker up and set it on your burn. 
  • Use tea- I have heard some people swear that only Earl Gray works for this and others say mint tea. Either way, brew some tea up and cool it down, then either wipe on with a cotton ball or use a washcloth as a cold compress. 
DIY Remedies from the web:
What are some of your tips/tricks for sunburn?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh I am there with you on the pale skin sunburn struggle!!! I have to wear a minimum of SPF 50 on my body and 100 on my face and I still have the potential to burn! The knees are the worst area...along with the shoulders and back! I have heard of several of these but I usually stick with aloe with lidocaine and then some after sun lotions and advil ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't even tell you how many bad burns i've had in my life!! When I was younger my mom used sour cream to help the burn and it worked!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're here. Leave me a message so that we can be excited together!