June Birchbox | Tracie Everyday: June Birchbox

Thursday, June 13, 2013

June Birchbox






Has anyone tried Birchbox yet? This is my third month getting it and I am finding it hit or miss. I also receive Ipsy, which is the exact same concept. I'll let you know what I get in my June Ipsy when it gets here :) I'm trying to decide which I'd rather subscribe to so they each get a few months of my hard earned cash money.

This month in my Birchbox, I received a Birchbox Color Club nail polish in London Calling, Juicy Couture's Couture La La, Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lipstick, stila face the day moisturizing gel cream, and Violet Oasis Therapeutic Body Butter.

So far, I've tried all of the sample except the body butter. By try, I mean put them on immediately and I've worn them since.

The perfume smells like a doctors office. No joke, I put it on and the Mister told me I smelled like a maxi pad. Then he said, no just rubbing alcohol. Here I was waiting to experience the bliss of being a little punk rock, a lot of free spirit, classic Juicy. I eagerly awaited blends of bright sparkling mandarin with bold white florals. Instead, I get maxi pad. And don't ask how the Mister knows what a maxi pad smells like.

The lipstick is the shiz! I heart it. It is a soft pink color that goes well with any makeup you chose. It doesn't dry out your lips (which I struggle with) and lasts for hours. The nail polish is billed as a neon pastel, which is def is. For a mint polish, I prefer my Ice mint nail polish that I get for $2 bucks at Wal-Mart. The color is more like the upper right hand picture. What do you think?



on nails: London Calling
La Mirenesse Glossy Kiss Lipstick
stila face the day
Couture La La 


Have you tried Birchbox? What are your thoughts?




4 comments:

  1. Loving the nail color! I've never tried BirchBox but it seems really interesting! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail color is really pretty! It's hard to tell in the photos, but the ring finger on each hand is actually ombre with London Calling fading into a white tip. I would def recommend Birchbox!

      Delete
  2. Your ring is GORGEOUS! And I'm just a little obsessed with that nail polish color! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The Mister did really, really good when he picked the ring :) I'm loving the nail polish too!I'm trying to convince the Mister that it's not too much for our engagement pics, LOL.

      Delete

I'm excited you're here. Leave me a message so that we can be excited together!