Just Starting Out... Any Advice? | Tracie Everyday: Just Starting Out... Any Advice?

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Just Starting Out... Any Advice?

Not gonna lie, I thought it'd be fun and easy to start a blog. I mean you write about what you're doing. How hard is that? 

Well, it's harder than you think. I'm struggling with knowing how much is too much. Do you want to see me drinking my Cabernet straight from the bottle? Do you care what my peeps look like? (Hello, we're all b-e-a-u-tiful, duh!). Do you want to see me looking like a sweaty beast post-workout? I mean, I don't even want to see me that way. 

Also, in my head the f-bomb gets thrown A LOT. But, I gotta filter that shiz out so as not to offend any new friends I might make. And I want friends. Besides chronicling what is going on in my life, I wanted to meet new people and see what's up in their life. Fun, right?! I was totes already creepin on blogs, so why not make it official?

The other difficult part is the actual setting up a blog. I'm not very tech savvy (Hello, I still have a Nokia phone!) and trying to figure out how to make buttons and write html code is hard. That's why peeps ask to get paid to do this stuff. But, I'm broke. There ain't no way to pay in this girls budget. 

What was the hardest part for you when you first started? 
Anyone have any advice for a newbie? I would love to hear it!



6 comments:

  1. My advice for starting your blog is to google every problem you face... there is a solution online somewhere! I wasn't very tech savvy either when I started and I googled literally everything. And the more time you put into your blog, the faster it will grow! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) Google has been my best friend on this journey and some many people have posts to help new bloggers out that it has made it MUCH easier!

      Delete
  2. Hi Tracie, I'm glad to found you from Sarah's blog. My advice for a newbie blogger is to become true social blogger. I see you have twitter and it is the best social media to grow your blog and find new blogging best friends ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Areeba, thanks for the advice! I know that I struggle with Twitter as I tend to talk a lot:) I've found Instagram to also be a great way to connect with people as well.

      Delete
  3. Tracie, I am new to the blogworld as well! Your blog came up on my BlogLovin account, and I have been reading through your posts for the past hour (shh don't tell my boss!)
    You got a new follower here!
    Feel free to check out my blog as well: http://the-dreams-weaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're here. Leave me a message so that we can be excited together!