My Big Fat Greek Turkey Burger | Tracie Everyday: My Big Fat Greek Turkey Burger

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Big Fat Greek Turkey Burger

 

This is a pretty easy peasy recipe that you will for sure enjoy! It usually takes me no time at all and is a huge hit with my meat and more meat guy.

Big Fat Greek Turkey Burgers

For the Feta-Yogurt Sauce

  • 1 cup plain greek yogurt
  • ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (I used tomato basil flavor)
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • Salt, pepper to taste

For the Greek Turkey Burgers

  • 1 lb lean turkey
  • 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • ½ teaspoon dried oregano
  • ½ teaspoon dried thyme
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon kalamata olives, chopped
  • ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
  • red onion, chopped, to taste (we like lots)
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
 
Garnishes:

  • 4 fresh hamburger buns, sandwich thins, or pitas
  • Tomatoes
  • Spinach
  • Pepperoncini
  • Roasted Red Peppers

Directions

  1. Combine all of the Feta-Yogurt Sauce ingredients in bowl. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, spinach, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, red onion, garlic, olives, bell, pepper, salt and pepper. Mix well until everything is evenly dispersed throughout the meat. Place the mixture into the fridge for at least 20 minutes (I frequently skip this due to being hangry).
  3. Remove the meat mixture from the fridge and divide it into 4 equal parts. Roll the meat into balls and then use your palm to flatten them out. (I usually do 2 HUGE patties for my man thang and 2 small for me).
  4. Place the burger patties on a grill set to high heat or in the oven set to broil. Cook the patties for about 12 minutes total, flipping them half way through
  5. Serve the burgers with a generous amount of the Feta-Yogurt Sauce and whatever toppings you prefer.
  6. Take your small leftover patty for lunch the next day, if your caveman hasn’t already gotten to it.

 





I am not a good food photographer. Bite me. hahahah, get it?
 
 
 
When you try this, let me know what you think!
 
Do you have any must try recipes? I would love to have them!
 
 


 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. GET IN MY BELLY! it's close to my lunch time and im starving now!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delish!! Not a fan of bell peppers, but I'll have to try it without!! Yum--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good! Greek style burgers are my favorite, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're here. Leave me a message so that we can be excited together!